Friday, December 26, 2008

Bringing The Brand To Life

My ryhthm today was cold as cold as the weather out there.

In August 27-29, 2008 we were in Bali for the Managers Conference specifically designed for developing the Brand for all property under HPL Hotels & Resorts. It is the directive from corporate office that all property to send their GM and Head of Finance, HR & Sales & Marketing for this event. For our property the group consist of our GM, Man, Me and Chan. 40 Managers from 3 differents brand under the roof of HPL 'berkampung' at Hard Rock Hotel Bali. The Brand of Hard Rock, Concorde and Boutique Hotel had to be established.

The event started with the Afternoon Cocktail where we been assigned to find our partner. Guess what my partner was our Chairman - Mr Stephen Lau- tomorrow I will have hard time to introduce him to audiences. In the other side I should thanks them to pair me with Mr Lau, now only I realise he's nice, humble and easy to talk with..









Mr Stephen Lau - our chairman


Perasan tak wa sorang jek wanita melayu bertudung kat sini yet I don't feel out of place coz zaman jahiliah dulu wa dah biasa bekerja ngan org asing. U got to proof u are good to earn respect. Take your position with responsibility if u want to success - that my previous boss advise - Mr Reinhard Steffan I miss all your motivation talk.


Andrew Khoo- the guy in Red Shirt. I like his style. He Walk The Talk. He's now the GM for Concorde Singapore. When he was at Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya he had established 'customer service excellence' system in the property. To me he had make the property brand alive. Very warm, very humble and most importantly 'tak kedekut ilmu' or best said sharing is caring...




Next to me my shopping partner - Brenda Lee - Director Of Sales Concorde Singapore. She stay next to my room & Man room. Nice lady. Andrew Khoo & Andrew Drummond they both in my group during brainstorm session. I'm so lucky to get to be with them. Thanks "Allah" for given me this opportunity.





Participant learn playing 'gendang' during break time on the presentation session. Gud to get to experience this.



Mr Kumar Chakrabarty - My VP Of HR. Ipoh Mali based at corporate office Singapore. In dotted line I reported to him. All property HR Directors & Managers reported to him



Developing synergy of the group, Man & Wan korang suka berdua je kan? KLIA & Shah Alam made a gud pair ha? Awek sebelah nko tu ok tak? He He He...


Man boleh lepas ker Bro? Macam tak muat je tali tu?


Andrew Drummond - In Red T-Shirt. Another guy that u want to work with. He make Casa Del mar Langkawi a nice place to stays and winning property before he moved to developed HPL latest boutique hotel Brand in Kandooma - Maldives. Quiet & Dedicated - That's Valuable Asset

Me and my partner - Mr Chairman. Wa nampak hujung sket pun jadilah. Ni semua gara-gara Wan Imran HRM Concorde Shah Alam. Wan nko block view la bro...




Balik dari dinner nilah wa bump into Abg Mamat Khalid, Hans, Aziz & Wife(Masa tu depa honey moon) and Afdlin Shauki. They were at reception to check-in. Sowi Abg Mat tak sempat nak jumpa balik for merchandise discount. My schedule was tight. Wa tak kuasa nak tangkap gambo beb dengan selebriti bagai nih. Masa kat centre stage pun we all bump into them. The true colors reveals. Cuma Abg Mat jek takda dia tak plastik he's what we saw in camera..



Mr Chairman at the closing session with his powerful advise. Means after this we will be focusing in Branding as our key task. And means lot of work to be done. T&D its my faculty at the property.





Mr Greg Lee VP Operations, the initiator of the events..









Andrew u deserved the award. Congrats




Darryl Mardsen Hard Rock Bali GM, receiving award for Hard Rock Bali. HRB won best property. To me 'Pak Zad' has develop the succesful line for HRB - 'Melayu Boleh'. In fact he's the turning point for HRB..







Pak Zad - Rohaizad Putih - Singaporean in white shirt - Director Of Sales & Marketing HRB. I admired he's survivor spirit. He was assigned to HRB during the bomb blast, he had hard time but his fighting spirit was something that I have to learnt. Zad thank you for sharing. When I heard your story I'm impressed.

Patrick Ng Director Of Sales Hard Rock Pattaya (HRP) facing same experience with Pak Zad he just been transferred to HRP and its already 2X the airport close. Patrick u must learn from Pak Zad. Gud Luck





See the lady in black - That's Margret - Director Of Sales Concorde Shah Alam. She's a powerful women, she the classic example of a person who knows how to balance life - working with serious and dedicated mood and enjoying life to the maximum. She's our buddies in Bali, we had gud dinner at the beach with boss, Chan, Man and Wan walking back to the hotel happily.





Group Photo that conclude the session and our beginning journey to the Branding..
Hard Rock - where rockers meet and meeting rock

1 comment:

  1. I kinda miss the 'hiruk pikuk' atmosphere but all the same, I lega that I'm out-of-there ..

    ReplyDelete